Eyam has other organisations that have similarly helped to make the village an active, community orientated place.
The highpoint of each year is, probably, ‘Wakes Week’, at the end of August. Various community events take place and the historic Well Dressings, newly-created each year by local people, are put on display. The Week culminates in the village Carnival, which is great fun and raises substantial sums for local charities.
The Plague Memorial Service also takes place on the last Sunday of August when a procession led by the local Rector walks from the Church to Cucklet Delf. This was the outdoor site of services during the plague, and here the service of commemoration is held.
There are many places of interest to visit in the village, including St Lawrence’s Church, the Boundary Stone, the Riley Graves (where the Hancock family lived and died, their only survivor being Mrs Hancock who buried her husband and 6 children), Mompessons Well, the Darby Graves and Eyam Hall.
The village has a Post Office, a doctor's surgery, a primary school, two village shops and a Craft Centre (at the Hall). Bed and Breakfast and holiday lets are also available.
Car Parking: Both Free and Pay & Display Car Parks are located directly opposite the Museum on Hawkhill Road, S32 5QP. There is also a car park opposite Eyam Hall.
Public Toilets: Located on the car park, directly opposite the Museum.
The Miners Arms – Water Lane, Eyam, S32 5RG
(Pub, Restaurant and Accommodation).
Built in 1630.
Eyam Tea Rooms – The Square Eyam S32 5RB
Village Green – The Square Eyam S32 5RB
Eyam Hall Buttery – Eyam Hall, Church Street, Eyam S32 5QW
Checkout the Eyam Village website for lots more information - eyamvillage.org.uk